There are a number of forms on the website that you can complete to enquire about the services we offer and the businesses we sell. This information, which is supplied voluntarily by you will include – name, email, address, phone number and any message you choose to add. Before submitting, you will be asked for your consent to acceptance of this policy. Should you contact us by other methods such as email, phone or letter, we will also obtain the same information about you. We will save the information you provide to us on a database in order to comply with your request.
We are required to obtain personnel data as part of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements or HMRC requirements on property ownership/letting and we will seek to comply with mandatory requirements imposed upon us by law or our regulators. Information obtained in meeting these requirements is not passed to third parties (unless we are legally required to do so) or to Smith & Clough personnel who do not require to see it for appropriate or necessary purposes.
Smith & Clough Business Associates are fully committed to handling personal information in accordance with data protection legislation and best data protection practices. This means that your personal information will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Only collected so far as required for our lawful purposes.
- As accurate and up to date as possible.
- Retained for a reasonable period of time, in accordance with retention policies.
- Processed in a manner which ensures an appropriate level of security.
How information about you will be used
Personal information that you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To process and respond to requests and enquiries received from you;
- To provide information about our services;
- To provide the services requested by you;
- To contact you about the services requested by you;
- To monitor client satisfaction;
- To keep our records up to date;
- To provide ongoing support;
- To recommend services that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To enable third parties to carry out any of the purposes above or research on our behalf – no personal information about you is shared;
- To contact you for marketing and communication purposes;
- To collect information when you voluntarily provide feedback, participate in surveys or respond to emails.
Personal data access:
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you, in return for a small fee. Please email or write to us at the address below. You may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate. Further information can be obtained on personal data and the law at www.ico.org.uk
Smith & Clough will not contact you for marketing purposes, unless you consent to this when you contact us. If you agree initially to let us use information about you for marketing and contacting purposes, you have the right to change your mind and stop us using your information by opting-out at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Party Sites
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the services requested. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. As clients, we will contact you annually to ensure your data held is correct and provide you with an option to opt-out of our services. Upon request, we will delete your information as quickly as possible.
How to contact us
By email: email@example.com
Or write to us at: Caledonia House, 89 Seaward Street, Glasgow, G41 1HJ